Country Voices: stories from the field
New IHP+ videos of interviews with partners are now available to watch online. At the 4th IHP+ Country Health Teams Meeting, colleagues from Ministries of Health, civil society organizations and development partners spoke on camera about some of the benefits of being an IHP+ partner.
During the 4th IHP+ Country Health Teams meeting in Nairobi in December 2012, participants spoke on camera about some of the benefits of being an IHP+ partner. They identified some of the changes that have taken place in their countries or institutions and how this has changed the ways in which they work with each other:
- Stakeholders are now working together with a newfound confidence.
- As a result, they are better able to plan the national health sector strategy.
- They are able to produce reliable and credible financial information in relation to health budgets.
- One country mentioned a drop in corruption and moving up several positions in the global accountability index.
- There is greater mutual accountability between different partners at national level.
“We used the developments of the IHP+ to guide us in developing our current health sector strategic plan,” said Sarah Byakika, Ministry of Health in Uganda.
- UHC2030 at the World Health Assembly
Events for those attending.
- The EU-Luxembourg-WHO Universal Health Coverage Partnership: brings 28 countries’ health sectors closer to UHC
Fifth Anniversary Meeting in Brussels, 21-23 March 2017
- New P4H Network web platform – coming soon!
Connect with others about health financing and social health...