IHP+ Country Health Teams Meeting in Cambodia
Preparations are well underway for the fifth IHP+ Country Health Teams meeting to be held on 2-5 December in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
This fifth Country Health Teams meeting will give IHP+ partners the opportunity to review progress in achieving more effective development cooperation in health, and to look ahead at ways to accelerate progress and results.
At the fourth IHP+ Country Health Teams Meeting in Nairobi, Kenya in 2012, participants concluded that although there had been some progress on effective development cooperation, more could be done. Participants identified a number of critical areas where all development partners need to change their behaviour in order to accelerate progress on the MDGs. These have become known as the seven behaviours. Recent meetings of global health leaders have strongly supported renewed action on these seven behaviours which, if implemented, would bring visible results.
The objectives of the meeting in Cambodia are:
- To promote greater mutual accountability for progress and results in effective health aid and development cooperation, including a review of what has changed since 2012, and why and how change is happening.
- Looking forward, to identify ways to achieve greater alignment with country priorities, plans and systems, and opportunities for accelerating progress on the seven behaviours and results.
- To discuss probable trends in global aid architecture post 2015, and the place of IHP+ within it.
The Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia has kindly agreed to host the meeting. There will be approximately 200 participants from partner country governments, international development agencies and civil society organizations.
Photo: Participants at the fourth IHP+ County Health Teams Meeting in Nairobi, December 2012
- Request for proposals: literature review
Coordination and health systems strengthening in countries under...
- UHC Indicators for SDG Monitoring Framework agreed
Advocacy success to influence UN Statistical Commission decision
- UHC2030 at PMAC: a collaborative agenda for UHC
Side event about universal health coverage